Friday, March 16, 2012

What a month!!

Holy Smokes!! I can't believe it's been a whole month since I've posted on this blog. I have good reason though, I promise. Ok...maybe I could have taken some of my free time to post, but that has been few and far between this last month.

This past month has been totally taken over by helping coach our Middle School's volleyball team!! As a former student athlete, volleyball was a major part of my life from the 8th grade through college. I love the sport and have missed being involved with a team since then. I also wanted to get some coaching experience under my belt and the head coach graciously allowed me to help her out this year! I had an absolute blast! Those 7th and 8th grade girls were like little sponges--soaking up every bit of coaching and advice we would give them. They had a great team and really improved over last year's team. I'm so happy to now have that experience down to be able to hopefully make me stand out from the rest when trying to get a teaching job next year. I really hope this isn't my last coaching experience as I LOVED IT and want to coach at the middle and hopefully high school for many years to come.

Another exciting educational adventure has just begun for me. This Monday, I started my first round of online classes. This minimester, I have three classes and so far am doing great with them. It is a little weird getting back in the swing of school and trying to balance it with subbing, Thirty-One, studying for the Praxis II & family time. But I feel confident that I will be able to make it all work and get all my ducks in a row to start lateral entry by the end of summer in time for the next school year.

Speaking of lateral entry, I spoke with a teacher friend who is currently getting her masters from a university not far from us and told her I was hoping to take my lateral entry courses from the same university. She told me that she thinks that they have a program where you take your lateral entry courses for your certification, but when taken with a few more classes, they also count toward your Masters Degree. So when you finish, you are not only certified, but certified with your Masters in Teaching! I would love to do that...especially seeing that in the education field, the more you have under your belt, the better!!

To my followers...I promise I won't wait another month to post! And thank you for taking an interest in my little blog and your well wishes in my new journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment